Introduced in 1929 and designed by Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich for the German Pavilion located in Barcelona, Spain, the Barcelona chair till this day is still one of the most recognizable chairs in the world. Throughout its illustrious history, Barcelona chairs have always been one of the most sought after chairs loved by mid century modern enthusiasts and interior designers alike. We sell the best replica of this iconic chair in North America.
This chair is a high quality reproduction inspired by Mies van der Rohe's barcelona chair. If you'd like to purchase the Pavilion chair and ottoman together, please click here: Barcelona Style Chair & Ottoman. Conversely, you may also choose to purchase the Barcelona Style Ottoman separately. Barcelona chair replica cushions and barcelona chair leather straps are sold separately as well.
Please note that our white top grain Italian leather has an off-white shade while our aniline white leather is as white as paper.
Given that our Barcelona reproduction chairs are manufactured using imported materials such as high grade steel and Italian leathers , You can rest assured knowing that you've purchased a high quality product.
Your choice of high quality leather colors
Free shipping across North America
Imported leathers and high grade stainless steel, which will not rust or chip
How our barcelona cushions are made:
- First, a piece of high density, polyurethane foam is used as the base.
- It's wrapped it in a Dacron sheet (fire retardant)
- Measurements of the base cushion is taken to estimate how much leather it will require
- Then the leather is cut into squares for each panel.
- Once the leather is cut to the exact measurements, each square piece is sewn together, then the panel is sewn together.
- The piping is then prepared. Once the piping is complete, it is attached directly over each seam mark, to cover the seam.
- Once all of the above is complete, the buttons are sewn onto the cushions.
Chair is true to the original in dimensions and the corners of the cushions are seamless, just like the original
strong leatherette straps (leatherette straps were found to be more durable than leather straps) are used to attach the cushions to the frame of the barcelona chair
similar or identical colored straps are used to match the color of the cushions
Barcelona style chair cushions, straps and frames can be purchased separately if desired
This high quality reproduction is not affiliated with Knoll in any way.
Ivory* Please note that ivory/cream/off-white/vanilla are defined as the same shade of color
Chair measurements: Height: 30" x Width: 29.5" x Depth: 30"
Seat height: 15.5” front; 13.5” back
100% genuine Top Grain Italian Leather
Dacron wrapped polyurethane foam
The chair frame is constructed using polished stainless steel.
Leatherette straps are used to fasten the cushions to the chair.