If you are setting up your home for the first time, then you must be busy with a lot of planning. There are so many things involved in setting up the perfect home, starting from the color theme, the products, and the placement. All of this can get very daunting for a beginner, and shopping for furniture is the most stressful task. To help you out, we have mentioned some quick tips for furniture buying along with four essential pieces you need to buy, so read on below and put all your stress behind.
4 Pieces You Need In Your Home
While there are many different furniture pieces present, there are some pieces that you need to buy in order to make your home look complete. These pieces include the following:
First things first, no home is complete without a place to lounge around, and so a couch is an essential piece of furniture that you need. You need to make sure that it is comfortable with ample space so that it can fit in large to medium-sized homes easily. You can even accessorize your couch by placing it in decorative cushions and adding a throw. This not only gives a pretty look but makes it more comfortable. A mid-century modern sectional sofa is a must for living rooms today since it is compact in size and incredibly comfortable. These sofas work well in formal and informal parties and are also cost-effective.
The second must-have piece of furniture is a bed, and you need to pick a bed that is designed in an ergonomic way. When you come back home after a long day, you need a place where you can lie down and have a good-night sleep to put your tiredness away, and your bed will provide you with that. An ideal bed is not only comfortable but does not have any rough and hard edges, and it is upholstered. You can make your bed more effective by getting one with storage space such as drawers or compartments. Also, once you get your bed, don’t forget to make it more cozy with throws, duvets, and other bed accessories.
Most people do not know how important a table is for your home and tend to ignore it, and this is where they go wrong. Your entire home may look prim and proper, but without a good accent table, it won’t look complete. These tables not only help accessorize the place but are incredibly functional. You can opt for affordable modern coffee tables or go for wood coffee tables to help complete the look of your living room.
- Statement Chair
Chairs are another must-have piece of furniture that you definitely need in your home. For interior design enthusiasts, chairs such as AARON RETRO ARMCHAIR, Barcelona chair, GROOVY ARMCHAIR, egg chair, and Eames lounge chair are excellent options. These chairs not only allow you an extra sitting place, but they also help you in adding a pop of color. You can make your lounge look more sophisticated with these furniture pieces so make sure you choose them wisely.
Tips To Setting Up Your Home
Now that you are done with investing in the right furniture pieces, you must move forward with setting up your home. Since this can be a little stressful to do, we have mentioned some tips that you can make use of while setting your house; these include the following:
- Start by deciding the rooms and which room will be the living room, dining room, and bedroom. This way, it will be easy for you to decorate and paint them accordingly.
- Now that the rooms are allotted, you can paint the walls. A smart way to incorporate mid-century modern style into your home is by painting walls with a bold color. So, for example, you can keep the entire home neutral in color but paint a single wall bright yellow. You can also give a light pink or blue color to one wall in your bedroom and paint the rest three white or off-white.
- Another tip to keep in mind is that when moving it, start by setting up your bed first. At the end of the day, when you are done unpacking, you will want to have a cozy place to rest and relax. Figure out where you want the bed to go, how do you want to face it, and create an appealing space around the bed. Once this is done, you can put on some clean sheets and relax after a long day.
- You can also accessorize your home by getting statement pieces and green plants. When you get statement pieces, you do not need to go for overly expensive items; instead, you can choose a large mirror, stylish lighting, colorful vases, and other easily available items. Also, when shopping for plants, make sure you get ones that can survive indoors and do not require regular maintenance.
- The last tip to keep in mind is that you must set your living room last. The living room is where you should spend the most time, and it can take days for it to be completely set, so do not rush into it. Also, if you set up the living room first, then you will be tempted to take breaks, and this can make the entire “moving-in to a new home” feel very long. So try to set your living room as last.
As daunting as setting and decorating a new home can be, it is a very fun task. You get to make your home from scratch, and while this is a lengthy process, the end result will make you satisfied and more in love with your home. So make use of the tips above along with the furniture pieces so that you can make good investments and the right decisions. Also, at the end of the day, don’t shy away from adding personal touches to your home because this is your safe haven, so set it however you like.